Working Papers and Papers Under Review
Work in Progress
- “Learning, Prices and Firm Dynamics”, (with P. Bastos and Olga Timoshenko) - revised and resubmited to Canadian Journal of Economics.
- “The Effect of Monetary Policy on Housing Tenure Choice as an Explanation for the Price Puzzle”, (with J. Duarte) - revision requested Journal of Applied Econometrics.
- "Housing And Monetary Policy In The Business Cycle: What Do Housing Rents Have To Say?", (with J. Duarte)
- “A Tale of Two Sectors: Why is Misallocation Higher in Services than in Manufacturing?”, (with C.R. Marques and C. Richmond) - revision requested Review of Income and Wealth.
- “Misallocation and Productivity in the Lead Up to the Eurozone Crisis”, (with C.R. Marques and C. Richmond), forthcoming Journal of Macroeconomics.
- “A replication note on downward nominal and real wage rigidity: Survey evidence from European firms”, (with C. R. Marques and F. Martins), Empirical Economics, Vol. 49, Issue 3, pp. 1143-11532, November 2015.
- “Understanding price stickiness: firm data evidence on price adjustment lags and their asymmetries”, (with C.R. Marques, F. Martins, and J. M. C. Santos Silva), Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Vol. 77, Issue 5, pp. 701-718, October 2015.
- “The stock of external sovereign debt: Can we take the data at ‘face value’?”, (with C. Richmond and M.L. Wright), Journal of International Economics, Vol. 94, Issue 1, pp. 1-17, September 2014. – lead article
- “The economy of Portugal and the European Union: From high growth prospects to the debt crisis.”, (with W. Baer and J.B. Duarte), The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Vol. 53, Issue 4, pp. 345-352, November 2013.
- “Wage rigidity and employment adjustment at the firm level: Evidence from survey data.” (with C.R. Marques and F. Martins), Labour Economics, Vol.23, pp. 40-49, August 2013.
- “Choosing between time and state dependence: Micro evidence on firms' price-reviewing strategies.”, (with C.R. Marques and F. Martins), The Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Vol. 115, Issue 3, pp. 756-780, July 2013.
- “Price setting in the Euro area: some stylized facts from micro producer price data.”, (with P. Vermeulen et al.), Journal of Money Credit and Banking, 44 (8), 1631-1650, December 2012.
- “What happens after corporate default? Stylized facts on access to credit.”, (with D. Bonfim and C. Richmond), Journal of Banking and Finance, vol. 36, issue 7, July 2012, pp. 2007–2025.
- “Using mean reversion as a measure of persistence.” (with C. R. Marques), Economic Modelling, Volume 27, Issue 1, pp. 262-273, January 2010.
- “Stylized features of consumer price setting behavior in Portugal: 1992-2001” (with Monica Dias and Pedro D. Neves), Portuguese Economic Journal, Vol. 7, Number 2, August 2008, pp. 75-99. – lead article
- “Time or state dependent pricing rules? Evidence from micro data.”, (with C. R. Marques and J. M. C. Santos Silva), European Economic Review, Vol. 51, Issue 7, October 2007, pp. 1589-1613. – lead article
- “A note on measuring the importance of the uniform nonsynchronization hypothesis.”, (with C.R. Marques and J. M. C. Santos Silva), Economics Bulletin, Vol. 4, no. 6, February 2007, pp. 1-8.
- “Price setting in the Euro area: some stylized facts from micro consumer price data.”, (with E. Dhyne, L. Alvarés, H. Le Bihan et al.), Journal of Economic Perspectives, Volume 20, Number 2 - Spring 2006, pp. 171-192.
- “On the Fisher-Konieczny index of price changes synchronization.” (with C.R. Marques, P. D. Neves and J. M. C. Santos Silva), Economics Letters, 87(2), May 2005, pp. 279-283.
Work in Progress
- “Access to Bank Credit After Default: What determines the duration of exclusion.” (with D. Bonfim and C. Richmond).
- “In for a Penny, In for 100 Billion Pounds: Quantifying the Welfare Benefits from Debt Forgiveness.”, (with C. Richmond and M.L. Wright).
- “Duration of Capital Market Exclusion: An Empirical Investigation.”, (with C. Richmond and T. Wang).